transfer your contacts from Android to iPhone
Do you want to transfer your contacts from your Android device to an iPhone? Read on and find out how you can transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
Whenever we buy a new or additional phone, the first thing we are concerned about is how to get the contacts on the other phone. In the olden days when technology was at its minimum before you can do that you needed to re-save the entire contacts on your phone.
That is not a situation anymore due to technological advancement and upgrades. Now, there are many ways you can transfer contacts from one phone to the other, no matter the type of phone you’re using.
Mostly, there’s a narration that Android and iOS devices do not interact with each other easily due to the completion that has been established between these two brands. Actually, that is not true to some limits because they interact on certain occasions.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone
There are several methods we can use to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. But, in this article, we are going to look at just a few of the trusted and most effective methods.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone Using Google Sync
This is one of the easiest and probably one of the most used methods. To use this method, you need to sync your contacts to your Google account first and then continue with the remaining steps listed below.
- Open your iPhone (if locked) and open the Settings app.
- Tap on Passwords and Accounts and enter your Gmail account details and make sure to turn on the Contacts checker.
That’s all, you are done with transferring contacts from Android to iPhone using Google Sync. The contacts will be automatically updated on your contact list.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using the Move to iOS mobile app
The Move to iOS app is one of the few Apple apps that is made available to Android users on the Google Play Store. The other Apple apps that are available on the Google Play Store are the Beats and Apple Music apps.
Move to iOS can move contacts, messages, photos, videos, bookmarks, email accounts, etc. from your Android device directly to any iOS device.
To transfer contacts using this method, you simply need to open the app on your Android device and when are ready, the iOS device will create a WiFi network and find your Android gadget.
Enter the security code that is attached to the network and the transfer process will begin.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using the SIM card
The most popular method of transferring contacts is by using the SIM card. With this method, you just need to copy the contacts from your Android device to the SIM card and then insert the SIM into the iPhone.
A brief breakdown of the entire process is as follows:
- On your Android device, open the Contacts app and then locate the Settings option.
- From the Settings menu, tap on Import/Export and then Export to SIM card. All the contacts on your Android device will be exported to the SIM card; after that insert the SIM into the iPhone.
- Turn on your iPhone and open the Settings app.
- Tap on Contacts and then Import SIM Contacts.
Your contacts will then be updated and added to the contact lists on your iPhone.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using VCF file
The last method on my list today is by using the VCF file. The entire process is very easy and could be done in less than 2 minutes if done properly.
- On your Android device, open the Contacts app.
- Tap on the three dots to open the Settings and then select Import/Export.
- Choose Export to Storage and a VCF file will be created and saved on your Android device.
- Send the file over to your iPhone. (The best way is by sending it through email or maybe WhatsApp).
- Open the file on your iPhone once the transfer is completed and a prompt will be shown asking you to Add All Contacts.
- Reply to all the subsequent commands and then your contacts will be successfully added on your iPhone.
Wrapping up, one of the most interesting things about these methods listed in this article is the fact that they are all easy and most importantly free.
There’s no fixed number of times you can transfer contacts from your Android device to your iPhone, you can do it for as many times as you want. Therefore, browse through all the methods and select the one that fits you best.
first appeared Mfidie.com