RELEVANCE OF SPECIAL NEEDS
EDUCATION TO THE TEACHER
- The knowledge of special needs education enables the teacher to understand the visually and hearing impaired child, the mentally retarded, the learning disabled child etc.
- Knowledge of special needs education puts the teacher in a better position to give emotional and intellectual support to the exceptional child.
- The knowledge of special needs education helps the teacher to identify pupils who have learning problems, personality problems, speech disabilities, visual and hearing impairments and offer them the needed help.
- Furthermore, it can help the teacher to give positive counseling to parents of such exceptional children and refer them to the appropriate places for intervention.
- It helps the teacher to correct some of the erroneous impressions about such group of children in the community.
- Information from special needs education can be used to organized learning programmes for the exceptional child and under achievers.importance OF SPECIAL NEEDS
Inclusive education is seen as where exceptional children learn and interact together in the general classroom with their peers. It is also called integrated education.
CHARACTERISTICS OF INCLUSIVE EDUCATION
- By inclusive, students attend neighborhood schools with age and grade.
- Inclusive students receive in school, educational services in general with appropriate in-class support.
- There are regular teachers
- There are special teachers or education consultants.
- There are resources rooms
- The school environment is structured to meet the needs of all pupils
IMPORTANCE OF INCLUSIVE EDUCATION
- It enables the voice of individuals with special needs to be heard in regular classrooms.
- It also reduces the level of stigmatization association with special schools.
- Inclusive education gives individuals with special needs the opportunity of meeting together and forming friendship across groups.
- It providers a rich and diverse environment for children to grow.
- It creates welcoming communication and building inclusive societies.
- It also reduces begging for alms on the street since this practice is common is segregated schools but not heard of in the integrated schools.
importance OF SPECIAL NEEDS