The National Teaching Council is mandated by the Education Act 2008 (Act 778), section 9 to improve the professional standing and status of teachers and to
license and register teachers in Ghana.
The purpose of the licensure examination is to enable qualified teachers to acquire a professional license, and also attract excellent young graduates from the Universities and Colleges of Education who have the required professional knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
Eligibilit for Licensure Examination – 2019
- All teachers who hold the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PDGE) and are desirous of seeking employment with
the Ghana Education Service but could not
register for the maiden Licensure Examination in September 2018 are required to apply to rewrite.
- All teachers who wrote the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination in 2018 but failed in one,two or all three papers are expected to register to re-sit the paper/papers in which they failed.
- Candidates are expected to select from the list provided below, the WAEC regional centres they prefer to write the examination;
Northern Regions Tamale
Brong Ahafo Region- Sunyani
Ashanti Region -Kumasi
. Central Region- Cape Coast
. Western Region-Takoradi
. In the case of the Upper West Region, the Centre is NJ Ahmadiyya College of
Eastern Region, the Centre is SDA College of Education.
Greater Accra Region ,Accra/ Tema
Volta Region – Ho
- Prospective candidates are to apply as follows: ,
- Fresh candidates are required to pay
GHC220.00 to register for the examination
Candidates who are re-sitting are to pay
GHC100.00 for one (1) Re-sit paper
All candidates must pay to any GCB Bank Ltd Branch nationwide
Take pin and serial number from GCB bank LTD
Log on to www.exams.ntc.gov.gh
Click on teacher licensure examination link
Enter your e-voucher Serial No. and Pin
Fill in all the fields and remember to upload
your Passport-size photograph Ltd.
Check all information and ensure their accurate!
Also, click here for more news on Education