How to Apply for KNUST 2020/2021 Admissions
WASSCE/SSSCE/GCE//IGCSE (Cambridge) ‘A’ & ‘O’ LEVELS/MATURE/ABCE/GBCE AND INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB) CANDIDATES
How to Apply for KNUST Admissions?
It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that applications are open for admissions to Degree Programmes of Study at the University for the 2020/2021 Academic Year.
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE EXAMINATION RESULTS AS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION AND APPLICANTS WHO WILL BE WRITING WASSCE IN MAY/JUNE, 2020 ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
The Sale of E-Voucher for the online Application is open to the following Applicants:
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study. OR
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three Compulsory Subjects including English Language and Mathematics and passes in any Three Elective Subjects.
- ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics plus at least Three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the Programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and credits in Three (3) Elective Subjects or Six (6) credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
- MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of Application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D, Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
- HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- FOREIGN APPLICANTS and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution.
- Applicants from French speaking Countries must in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirement provide a minimum of one-year English Proficiency Certificate.
Things We Covered [show]
POINTS OF SALE: ALL GHANA POST REGIONAL AND DESIGNATED OFFICES
APPLICATION PROCESSING FEE
- GHANAIAN APPLICANTS – GH¢ 220.00.
- FOREIGN APPLICANTS – USD 150.00.
GHANAIAN APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THE E-VOUCHER FROM THE GHANA POST OFFICES.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TWO (2) COPIES OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND OTHER RELEVANT DOCUMENTS.
FOREIGN APPLICANTS ARE TO GENERATE AN E-VOUCHER FROM THE UNIVERSITY’S WEBSITE (HERE!) AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY POST (EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX) TO THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR (ACADEMIC AFFAIRS) KNUST, KUMASI, GHANA ON OR BEFORE JULY 31ST, 2020 except for MATURE APPLICANTS WHO ARE TO SUBMIT ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY, 29TH MAY, 2020.
Any HAND DELIVERED Application shall not be PROCESSED.
ANY APPLICATION THAT IS NOT FULLY AND/ OR PROPERLY COMPLETED AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION SHALL NOT BE PROCESSED AND/OR CONSIDERED.
For Information on programmes available and entry requirements
ALL TOP- UP PROGRAMMES ARE FEE-PAYING ONLY
- BSC BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (HND HOLDERS)
- DOCTOR OF PHARMACY (PHARM D) TWO (2) YEARS
- APPLICANTS MUST BE PRACTISING PHARMACIST WITH THREE (3) YEARS POST REGISTRATION EXPERIENCE
- APPLICANTS ARE TO SUBMIT THEIR COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION TO THE DEAN, FACULTY OF PHARMACY, KNUST, KUMASI & HEAD, KNUST OFFICE, ACCRA.
- DATE OF SUBMISSION – 30th JULY, 2020
APPLICANTS SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- ONLY RESULTS AND/OR DOCUMENTS PROVIDED BY APPLICANTS AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION SHALL BE CONSIDERED.
- APPLICANTS (EXCLUDING AWAITING RESULTS CANDIDATES) SHALL INCLUDE IN THEIR APPLICATION FORMS CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES OF THEIR RESULTS SLIPS AND/OR CERTIFICATES.
- APPLICANTS SHALL INCLUDE A CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF THEIR BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- APPLICANTS SHALL INCLUDE ONE PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH WITH A LIGHT GREEN BACKGROUND, WHICH MUST BE ENDORSED
- AN APPLICANT’S FAILURE TO INPUT EXAMINATION DETAILS (i.e. Index Number and Year of Exams) AND/ OR OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION PROPERLY ONLINE SHALL DENY THE APPLICANT ADMISSION TO A PROGRAMME OF STUDY AT THE UNIVERSITY
- ADMISSIONS TO ALL PROGRAMMES OF STUDY AT THE UNIVERSITY ARE TRANSPARENTLY ADMINISTERED BY THE CENTRAL UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS BOARD WITHOUT ANY OTHER CONSIDERATIONS AND/ OR SOLICITATIONS.
ANY APPLICANT WHO MAKES ANY FORM OF SOLICITATION TO ANY PERSON OR GROUP OF PERSONS FOR THE PURPOSE OF INFLUENCING AND/OR GAINING ADMISSION INTO THE UNIVERSITY DOES SO AT HIS/HER OWN RISK.
AN APPLICANT WHO MAKES A FALSE DECLARATION OR WITHHOLDS RELEVANT INFORMATION MAY BE REFUSED ADMISSION. IN THE CASE WHERE A STUDENT HAS ENROLLED, HE/SHE WILL BE WITHDRAWN, AND MAY BE PROSECUTED.
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO VISIT THE UNIVERSITY’S WEBSITE AT https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/ TO COMPLETE THEIR APPLICATION PROCESS ONLINE. APPLICANTS ARE TO USE THE LOGIN AND PIN NUMBER PROVIDED ON THE E-VOUCHER FOR THIS PURPOSE.
- How to Apply for KNUST Admissions