Galaxy Note 20 Ultra price in Ghana: Do you like Samsung smartphones? if you don’t, then Samsung Galaxy Note 20 ultra will make you fall in love with the brand!
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra price in Ghana
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (GHS 5,193) is the most advanced big-screen phone yet because it’s much more than a phone. It’s a highly evolved note-taking device, a powerful 50x zoom camera and even a mini Xbox and desktop PC all rolled into one gadget.
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra price in Ghana
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G Expected Price Starts from GHS. 5,193 to GHS. 6,982. Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G comes with Android 10, 6.9 inches Dynamic AMOLED Display, Snapdragon 865+/ Exynos 990 Octa Chipset, Quad 108MP + 12MP + 12MP Rear and 10MP Selfie Camera. 12GB RAM and 128GB ROM
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra review: What I like
- The design makes the iPhone look boring: Samsung knows how to make sleek looking hardware. The Mystic Bronze finish on the Note 20 Ultra not only looks elegant but manages to give off a sheen without attracting lots of fingerprints.
- Dynamic 120Hz display is great: Scrolling feels like butter when you have the Adaptive motion smoothness setting turned on. And optimized games like Dead Trigger 2 look really smooth.
- The Note 20’s S Pen feels better than pen and paper: You get a fast 9ms response time and offer a pen-to-paper feel. Scribbling notes on this panel feels completely natural to the point I forget I’m writing on a screen.
- Space Zoom camera is very impressive: I got in very close with the Note 20 Ultra’s 5x optical zoom, putting my iPhone 11 Pro Max’s 2x zoom to shame. And the digital zoom stayed steady up to 20x; it got shaky at 50x.
- New S Pen tricks are addictive: The new Air Actions can come in handy (like drawing a a quick arc in the air to go Home). But they don’t always work the first time.
- Wireless DeX mode and Link to Windows work (pretty) well: I managed to get the Note 20 Ultra to connect to my TCL Roku TV wirelessly and use the phone as a touchpad. And Link to Windows lets you run Android apps on your PC.
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra review: What I don’t like
- This camera bulge is quite large: The camera patch on the back of the Note 20 Ultra protrudes a great deal.
- The curved display can get in the way: While it looks cool, the curved display can sometimes lead to accidental screen taps when holding the phone.
- Very pricey: $1,300 is a lot to pay for a phone, even one as fully loaded as this flagship.
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra price in Ghana
Battery life and charging
|Battery life (hrs:minutes)||Battery size|
|Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (60Hz/120Hz)||10:26/7:59||4,500 mAh|
|OnePlus 8 Pro (60Hz/120Hz)||11:05/9:02||4,510 mAh|
|Galaxy S20 Ultra (60Hz/120Hz)||11:58/9:13||5,000 mAh|
|Galaxy S20 Plus (60Hz/120Hz)||10:31/8:55||4,500 mAh|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max||11:54||3,969 mAh|
|iPhone 11||11:16||3,190 mAh|
|Galaxy Note 10 Plus||10:47||4,300 mAh|
|Google Pixel 4a||8:55||3,140 mAh|
The Galaxy Note 20 Ultra packs a pretty beefy 4,500 mAh battery, which held up well in daily use.
After unplugging at 9 am I used the Note 20 Ultra with a wide range of apps. I watched over an hour of Umbrella Academy on Netflix, streamed Spotify with the screen on for an hour and a half and played about 40 minutes of Fortnite. I also used Twitter for nearly an hour, surfed the web and checked email.
After all that I still had about 27% juice left at 9 pm. That’s not bad.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Performance
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is one of the fastest Android phones around, as it’s one of the first handsets with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 865 Plus processor. This chipset boosts the clock speed by 10% up to 3.1 GHz and the graphics is also 10% faster than the regular Snapdragon 865 chip inside the Galaxy S20.
This processor is paired with 12GB of RAM and either 128GB or 512GB of internal storage. For $1,299, I wish the Ultra started with 256GB of storage, but at least you can expand it via microSD card slot by up to 1TB.
I handed the Note 20 Ultra to our resident Fortnite expert, my 12-year-old son, and he found the gameplay to be so smooth that I had to lobby hard to get the phone back.
On Geekbench, which measures overall performance, the Note 20 Ultra hit a multi-core score of 3,294, which is ahead of most Android phones but behind the Asus ROG Phone 3 with the same Snapdragon 865 Plus chip, which notched 3,393. The iPhone 11 Pro scored an even higher 3,500.
The Note 20 Ultra also trailed the iPhone on our video editing test, taking took 1 minute and 16 seconds to the iPhone’s 45 seconds.
On the GFXBench graphics test, the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra scored 1,455 frames on the Aztec Ruins (High Tier) off-screen benchmark, compared to 1,657 frames for the iPhone 11 Pro.
As you would expect for a premium flagship, the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra supports both flavors of 5G, so you should be able to hop on both sub 6-GHz networks and mmWave networks with ease where they are available.
In New Jersey I saw decent download speeds on T-Mobile’s 5G network, ranging between 40 Mbps and 99 Mbps. But it was not exactly blazing. Uploads ranged between 10 and 35 Mbps.
Some reviewers have complained that the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra can run a little hot. A Note 20 Ultra teardown has revealed that the phone uses a multi-layered graphite thermal pad to aid with heat dissipation instead of the copper pipe and vapor chamber system used in the Galaxy S20 Ultra. However, we have not experienced any heat issues.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Cameras
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra features a trio of rear cameras, plus a laser auto-focus sensor that should address one of our bigger complaints about the Galaxy S20 Ultra and its issues with focus.
The phablet’s camera array starts with a 108MP wide camera with a a f/1.8 aperture, and it’s paired with a 12MP ultra-wide camera with a 120-degree field of view and f/2.2. The 12MP telephoto lens delivers a 5x optical zoom and up to a 50x super resolution zoom.
The 108MP camera option may seem like overkill, but it can come in handy when you want to have the freedom to crop way into a photo after the fact. Just make sure you have enough ambient light, as this setting is best used outdoors.
As you can see in this photo of Halloween decorations, It could crop in on just a few of the straw the people, a ghost and witch, and you can still make out plenty of detail. There’s just a bit of noise in the frame.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Display
The massive 6.9-inch OLED quad HD+ display on the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is big, bold and colorful. More important, this is the first Samsung phone to offer a dynamic 120Hz refresh rate.
The Galaxy S20 lineup introduced a faster refresh rate to Samsung phones, delivering smoother scrolling as well as better visuals, especially for games and movies. But it was a feature you had to manually adjust. With the Note 20 Ultra, the refresh rate automatically adjusts based on what content is on screen, which should save on battery life.
When using the display we found scrolling to be super smooth and fast in Chrome with Adaptive mode turned on. You can always choose 60Hz manually if you want to save every last drop of juice.
The Note 20 Ultra’s panel is exceedingly bright and is fairly easy to read in direct sunlight. The display hit a fairly high 662 nits on our light meter, which is very good but not as high as the iPhone 11 Pro’s 752 nits.
The Note 20 Ultra’s screen produced 121.5% of the sRGB color gamut in Natural Mode and 201.2% in Vivid mode, compared to 118.6% for the iPhone 11 Pro Max. The Note 20 Ultra beats Apple on accuracy, registering a Delta-E score of 0.24, compared to 0.28 for the iPhone 11 Pro Max (where 0 is perfect).
Some Galaxy Note 20 Ultra owners are complaining that a green tint is appearing on the screen when the brightness is lowered. We have not experienced this issue on our review unit. We reached out to Samsung but they do not have any comment at this time.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra sepecs overview
- 6.9” Flat –
- RAM 8GB
- ROM 256GB –
- Front 10 MP (2PD) F2.2
- Rear Wide 108 MP (2PD) F1.8 OIS
- Rear Tele 12 MP F2.0 OIS
- Rear Ultra Wide 12 MP F2.2 –
- Exynos 990 (up to 2.73 GHz)
- SDM865+ (up to 3.09GHz) –
- 192g (LTE/Sub6) / 194g (mmWave)
Share your thoughts with us on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra price in Ghana below