Here are the monthly salary, annual salary, allowances, salary structure/components of dietetics in Ghana.
Who are dieticians?
A dietitian is a regulated health professional who specializes in assessing, diagnosing, and treatment of nutritional problems. They help patients to plan dietary needs.
Duties of Dieticians in Ghana
A registered dietician in Ghana performs the following functions
- Identifying nutrition problems and assessing the nutritional status of patients in a clinical setting.
- Developing diet plans and counseling patients on special diet modifications.
- Assessing, promoting, protecting, and enhancing the health of the general public in a community setting and providing strategies for the prevention of nutrition-related diseases.
- Managing a cost-effective food production operation, distributing high quality meals/snacks, and monitoring sanitation and safety standards in a food service setting.
- Operating private consulting practices to provide expertise in nutrition, as well as promote health and prevent disease
- Working with individuals, groups, workplaces and media to provide dietary advice for healthy living.
- Working with food and pharmaceutical companies to provide research, develop products, educate consumers, and promote and market better food and nutritional products in a business setting.
- Teaching nutrition, food chemistry, or food service administration to students in any health profession and at all levels of education.
Components of dietetics salary
- Single spine salary structure
- Covid 19 income tax waiver
- Tax deductions
- Association deductions
Dietetics Salary in Ghana
A qualified dietitian earns between GHC 1,989.00 – GHC 2,203.00.
This salary may differ from facility to facility. Speak with the head of your hospital before you apply for employment.
What is the salary of a nutritionist in Ghana?
A person working as a Dietitian in Ghana typically earns around 9,750 GHS per month. Salaries range from 4,480 GHS (lowest) to 15,500 GHS (highest). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
What is the highest paid dietitian?
Job Titles of the Highest Dietitian Salaries. Consultant Dietitian. $58,920 – $71,840 annually according to the 2016 US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Consultant dietitians contract with companies in a variety of settings from health spas, private medical practices, sports organization, nursing homes, and more.
What is the basic salary in Ghana?
The salary range for people working in Ghana is typically from 853.00 GHS (minimum salary) to 4,145.00 GHS (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher).
This is the total monthly salary including bonuses. Salaries vary drastically among different job categories.
Thanks for reading